.Come and celebrate Syttende Mai (Norway’s Constitution Day) with a traditional picnic at the home of Bob & Arlene Christopherson.
The Lodge will provide fried chicken and beverages while Lodge members are asked to bring a side dish or dessert to share based on your last name. The grill will be available if you prefer to bring your own entree.
The festivities will begin at 1:30 (Knoxville time) and will include a parade, several outdoor games (croquet horseshoes, and more) and picnic luncheon. Please rsvp to ensure there is enough food and drink for everyone.
Rsvp to Arlene at firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Olaf's Way Virtual Pilgrimage through Norway
Here’s how to get started!
- Print out Pilgrimage record card from link above.
- Walk around your neighborhood, park, shopping mall or gym.
- Track your mileage on your record card.
- Learn about historical locations along the virtual pilgrimage route in Norway www.sonsofnorway.com/pilgrimage
- Track your route on a map of Norway and after 387 miles of walking the virtual journey will end at Nidaros Cathedral in Trondheim, Norway.
- You must start the pilgrimage in 2014 and you must finish your 387 miles by the end of 2015.
• Turn in your record card to your lodge sports director and receive recognition of completion from the Sons of Norway Headquarters.